Cool Metal Roofing
Sponsored by Petersen Aluminum Corporation
The cool metal roofs market is surging. In this course, you will learn the extent to which this increasingly popular roofing option can reduce cooling energy and lower peak energy demand in a building, as well as how to compare the thermal properties of various roofing materials. Also discussed are reflective pigments and their role in keeping a building cool. Pertinent codes, standards, incentive programs—all key considerations in specifying a roof—will be explained, as well as the ways in which cool roofs contribute to initiatives aimed at achieving zero net energy buildings over the next two decades.
Learn At Your Own Pace
You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click “Take the Course Test” to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You’ll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe how cool metal roofs can reduce cooling energy in a building.
- Explain the impact cool metal roofs have on lowering peak demand for electricity.
- Identify ways in which cool metal roofs comply with energy codes and standards.
- Discuss how cool metal roofs can reduce the environmental burden of a building.
- Discuss how cool metal roofs can qualify for voluntary programs and incentives.
AIA/CEU Credits: 1.00 HSW/SD
You may view the Cool Metal Roofing CEU Presentation below or download the PDF.
You may continue to the test after reviewing the presentation. Proceed to test