- Provides outstanding roof ventilation to ensure long-term roof performance
- Superior, efficient design for ease of installation
- Sturdy, metal construction
- Lower heating and cooling costs
- Moderates roof temperatures to prevent ice dams
- Reduces mold and mildew
- Wide variety of colors and finishes
- Convenient 12' lengths
Petersen offers its line of SS Airflow systems, designed specifically with commercial buildings in mind. Highly suitable for both shingle and metal roofs, the system allows for balanced intake and exhaust ventilation to provide optimal airflow, greatly increasing the roof’s longevity and energy efficiency.
PAC SS Airflow systems, designed specifically for ventilation needs at the eave and the ridge of each project, contribute to the green roof system for superior sustainability and life-cycle value.
SS Vented Eave
The PAC SS Vented Eave greatly improves necessary intake airflow near the eave, preventing heat build up and moisture accumulation. Available in two versions, vented nailbase and attic vented, both are specifically engineered to meet the NFA (net free area) requirements for the individual project. The superior design eliminates the need for wood blocking and vented soffits to reduce installation costs while providing exceptional ventilation capacity.
The SS Vented Eave provides pre-slotted fastening holes on the roof flange and the cover, allowing for thermal movement as well as ensuring proper fastening location.
Importance of Ventilation
Plain and simple, proper airflow designed into the roof structure will extend the life of the roof. Premature re-roofing is expensive, and inconvenient to the building occupants. Without consistent and balanced airflow and proper NFA, moisture build-up will occur, which can damage the roof covering over time. Temperature fluctuations will cause snow melting and refreezing, resulting in ice dams on the roof that can cause structural damage as well as hazards to life and property on the ground.
In addition, providing constant air movement prevents heat build-up in the summer and heat loss in the winter, resulting in a more sustainable building with lower operating costs.
- 43 Stocked PAC-CLAD Finishes (24 gauge steel)
- 16 Stocked PAC-CLAD Finishes (22 gauge steel)
- 22 Stocked PAC-CLAD Finishes (.040 aluminum)
- 29 Stocked PAC-CLAD Finishes (.050 aluminum)
- 6 Stocked PAC-CLAD Finishes (.063 aluminum)
A Wind and Ventilation Warranty is available. See the PAC SS Vented Eave Spec sheet for further details.